Series: Sweet Dreams, #2
Genre: YA Romance
Setting: Contemporary USA
Quotable: “Don’t worry, Dad. Mom’s not going to let them make me into a wanton woman.”
- The protagonist, Frannie, has a realistic reaction to her newfound popularity, but ultimately she understands it for how performative it is.
- Frannie’s parents are present and active in her well-being.
- The writing is engaging and the book is a swift read.
- Frannie’s friends are horrible bullies, and yet she’s always the one apologising to them.
- Ronnie isn’t very well developed as a love interest
- Frannie arranges dates with five different boys in a week and that just earns her a reputation as a girl who doesn’t want to settle down yet. In 90s Australia, that would’ve earned her a much worse reputation than that. (Unfairly, of course, but still.)